Local Power is an advocacy group of local energy companies from Finland.
Our members produce, sell and distribute electricity, district heating and related services. Local Power aims to advance open markets and fair competition, and to defend the versatility of energy markets in order to guarantee freedom of choice for consumers.
Contribution to the future EU Strategy on Energy System Integration 5.6.2020The basis for a truly integrated energy system should be a well-functioning, transparent energy market, where suppliers and consumers can meet each other easily
Feedback on the EU's 2030 Climate Target Plan 5.6.2020Paikallisvoima (Local Power) appreciates this opportunity to give feedback on the 2030 Climate Target Plan. In our view, climate change is a global threat and the EU-level action is needed to counter it. Therefore, we welcome the Commission’s plan of setting a binding target of achieving climate neutrality by 2050 and see adjusting the GHG emission reduction targets for 2030 as important for reaching that target.
"Local energy companies are needed to reach climate goals" 30.9.2019
Local Power Finland to organise a joint seminar with Geode in Brussels 9.9.2019
News in other media M-Brain update 28.9.2021
- Metsä Board aikoo ostaa pienen biovoimalan osakkeet Pohjolan Voimalta
- Vatajankoski ajaa alas vanhentuneen vesivoimalansa – Karvianjoen raakut ja taimenet hyötyvät
- Haapavedelle ajetaan 25 miljoonan euron tiekunnostushanketta
- Eurajoen Romu Oy osti osake-enemmistön Suomen Akkukeräys Oy:stä
- Pohjolan Voiman hallitus ehdottaa osakepääoman alentamista